Mrs. Gonzalez Steps into New Role at SCS
We are pleased to share that Mrs. Kristi Gonzalez has agreed to step into the role of athletic trainer. We recently sat down with Mrs. Gonzalez to ask her questions about her new position.
- What is your new role?
- I will be serving as the athletic trainer for SCS. I will be covering our home events for all sports and will be available for practice check-in on Monday and Wednesday. My job duties include injury evaluation, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, as well as taping and first aid.
- Why are you excited about this position?
- I am excited to combine my passion for athletics and education. I really love working with kids and I really love helping athletes recover from sport-related injuries. This role is the perfect combination of both. I have been a licensed athletic trainer working in the secondary setting for 8 years and worked for Prevea for 7 of those years. I left full time athletic training in 2022 in order to have more time with my family.
- Will you still be serving SCS in other roles?
- I will continue to be an instructional interventionist for the elementary classes in addition to helping out in 3K for the morning session.
Kristi is passionate about helping others in whatever role God places her in. Kristi is excited to be assisting our elementary team as a classroom aide. Additionally, Kristi is the Athletic Trainer at SCS.
Kristi is married to her best friend David. They have three kids together: Keegan (1st grade), Dawson (4K), and Nora (2 in January). She enjoys walking/hiking with her family and traveling. Kristi and her family attend Shepherd of the Hills church in West Bend, which is where she grew up. Her husband is from South Florida and they met at Concordia University Mequon in the Athletic Training program.