Tuition & Fees
It is our belief that a Christian education at SCS is an investment not an expense. To that end, we strive to keep the cost of tuition affordable for all families, so that finances are not a factor when deciding to send your children to SCS.
Investing in your child’s education at Sheboygan Christian School can be one of the most important investments that you will make for your child. However, we understand that this can also create a significant financial burden for some families.
SCS wishes to promote access to all families who desire a Christ-centered, excellent education and who meet the eligibility requirements for aid. SCS achieves this through tuition assistance grants to our families and the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program.
Applying for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program
Sheboygan Christian School participates in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program, which allows students who reside in a Wisconsin School District to attend our school using state aid when certain eligibility criteria are met. The application period for the 2020-2021 Wisconsin Parental Choice program will be open February 3, 2020 through April 20, 2020. For more information regarding the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program at SCS and eligibility please contact the school office at 920.457.3060 or use the links below.
You can also find information at School Choice Wisconsin.
Applying for a Tuition Assistance Grant
You must first apply to Sheboygan Christian School for admissions in order for your tuition assistance request to be considered. Once you have done so, you may apply for tuition assistance online at FACTS Grant and Aid. Please be sure to comply with the May 31 deadline in submitting all required documents in order to be considered in the first round as funds are limited. While you may still apply for aid after this date, please be advised that most awards will have already been granted, and any additional aid will be awarded on a funds available basis.
Facts about Tuition Assistance
- Tuition assistance is not a scholarship, but rather tuition reduction based on family financial need.
- Tuition assistance is strictly need based. SCS uses the financial analysis of FACTS Grant and Aid, an unbiased third party, to determine need. FACTS Grant and Aid requires parents to complete an online statement annually. More information about the FACT program and its requirements can be found here.
- All financial information is held in complete confidence.
- All supporting documents must be completed and submitted to and verified by FACTS before any application will be reviewed.
- Families who receive tuition assistance need to re-apply each year, and their applications are re-evaluated based on the family’s continued need, while yearly awards are dispersed based on availability of tuition assistance funds.
- The amount of awards varies according to the financial resources of each family. However, SCS typically does not award more than half of the tuition to any student. While SCS tries to provide as much assistance as possible, the school is limited in its tuition assistance resources.
- Tuition assistance is not available for preschool children.