From The Desk of Ann Steenwyk
Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow
Dear Parents and Friends of SCCS,
God is at work at SCCS, and we experienced His power in new and mighty ways over the last couple of weeks. He is certainly showing us His glory! Please join me in praising God for the blessings He has bestowed upon us:
- The school board has voted to pursue a K-12 school master plan that includes a renovation and new addition at the Greenfield Avenue high school campus. The masterplan at the Greenfield campus is within budget, will allow for innovative learning spaces, will allow for increased community building, and will unify our campuses.
- The Christian Schools International and Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association site visit team gave SCCS full accreditation status. When they shared their findings with our faculty and staff, they provided many commendations, highlighting that SCCS is strong in faith nurture, academic excellence, and school culture. They complimented our teachers for modeling Christ so beautifully and for creating a learning climate with strong community and with a love for learning.
- The Wisconsin Institute of Law and Liberty ranked our school as being 5th in the state of of 1,972 schools. The WILL Performance Ranking puts all schools on a level playing field to arrive at an estimate of the effect of that school on student outcomes.
- Our students continue to shine the light of Christ by demonstrating their gifts and talents:
- High school students took 1st place at the State Music Festival on Saturday.
- Our 4th graders held their entrepreneur sale on Thursday, exhibiting not only creativity but also savvy business sense.
- Our middle school students will showcase their musical talents in Brookfield on Friday, competing against other schools and then performing in a culminating all-school concert on Friday night.
- Our Algebra 2 students joined our 5th grade students for a joint math lesson on data collection and graphing.
- Our high school art students have art displayed at UW - Sheboygan’s campus over the next few weeks, with a final competition on May 11th.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support for our school. God continues to bless our work, and we are thankful to Him for His goodness.
In Christ’s Service,
Director of Academics & Instruction